Note: Company Workspaces are a new feature that you may not have access to. If you're interested in learning more about teams and getting access, please reach out here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following instructions are for those who have been added to Workspaces.
What are Magical Workspaces?
If you already use Magical, you are likely familiar with your Magical shortcuts. These live in your personal workspace. We recently introduced Company Workspaces that allow you to curate a shared library of shortcuts that can be accessed by anyone at your company (people who signed up with the same email domain as you).
It's super easy to start curating your list of shared shortcuts:
- Navigate to a personal shortcut in Magical you'd like to add to your company workspace. Toggle the dropdown from "Personal" to "Team". These will be visible to everyone with the same email domain as you (e.g. @getmagical.com).
- Shared shortcuts can now be found by anyone on your team by typing //. All their personal and team shortcuts can be found.
- No one on your team? Invite your team to give them access.
Need more help? Watch the demo or follow the steps below.
Watch the Magical Workspaces Demo
Join your company's workspace
If you haven’t downloaded Magical, download it here.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, create an account with your work email.
Complete onboarding and land in the Magical workspace
View your company workspace library
To view shortcuts already in your shared company workspace, click shortcuts below your company workspace in the top left navigation of Magical.
The shortcuts here can be seen and used by anyone who signed up with Magical from your same domain.
Use shortcuts from the shared library
Enter the Magical keystrokes (//) anywhere on the web to open your Magical search. Once open, enter keywords to find the intended shortcut. You will see both your personal shortcuts and your shared shortcuts under "Team shortcuts" in the dropdown.
Share shortcuts to your shared workspace
Share shortcuts in bulk: To share many shortcuts at once to your team, follow these steps:
- Click the check box on any shortcut you want to share with the team
- Click the “Share” button
- Click “Add to team”
- You’re all set!
Sharing shortcuts individually: To share specific shortcuts, hover over the shortcut and toggle the dropdown from Personal to Team.
Invite team members to Magical
To invite team members to Magical, follow these steps:
- Open the Magical workspace
- Click the “Invite people” button in the right pane
- Copy your share link and share it with them, or simply input the person’s email address into the share form and we’ll let them you invited them